4TXK38 Outdoor Heat Pump
Why we love this product.
- Small space heating and cooling
- Quiet operation
- Flexible, efficient comfort
DetailsA system that works smarter.
4TXK38 Outdoor Heat Pump Overview
Ductless SystemComposed of three main components—an indoor unit consisting of a coil and a fan, an outdoor compressor unit and a remote control—most ductless split systems are connected by refrigerant lines and require no ductwork. The ductless mini-split cooling unit can be mounted on the wall or in the ceiling.
Efficient ComfortAmerican Standard’s ductless mini-split indoor units have Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratings (SEER) ranging from 16.00 to 38.00, making the systems remarkably efficient and environmentally friendly.
Design FlexibilitySince there is no ductwork to install, it’s easy to add American Standard’s reliable heating and cooling to any home, in any room desired. It’s an economical and efficient option for homes without an existing ducted system or when adding ductwork may be impractical or too expensive.
4TXK38 Outdoor Heat Pump Highlights
- The 38 Series Ductless heat pump system has the capability to provide comfort in most any space found in residential homes. With an inordinate operating range, this highly efficient system scoffs at extreme cold and hot temperatures. This system has a small outdoor unit footprint while the indoor unit can be mounted on most any wall. Additionally, American Standard offers a handheld remote control and traditional wall mounted digital controls for the system.
- Depending upon the system, American Standard 38 Series Ductless heat pumps are capable of achieving Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratings up to 38.00 while in cooling mode as well as Heating Seasonal Performance Factor ratings up to 15.00
- The indoor fan system on the smallest 38 Series ductless heat pump system is as quiet as 22 decibels sound power; while the indoor fan system in the largest 38 Series ductless heat pump system is as quiet as 37 decibels sound power.
- Electrically driven air distribution vanes swing both vertically and horizontally to assure maximum room comfort coverage.
- During heat mode, the indoor blower, when set to auto fan speed, will not move air until the coil tubes attain a temperature suitable blowing warm air into the space.
- American Standard offers a handheld wireless control, a non-programmable wired control as well as a wired programmable control for the 38 Series Ductless heat pump system.
- Heating to -22F
- Cooling to +129F
For information on limited warranty terms for your existing product, please refer to your owner’s manual or view a copy of our warranty booklet. Your local dealer can provide a copy of your owner’s manual. Find your local American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning Dealer. Beginning May 1, 2009, Registered Limited Warranty terms are available if the product is registered within 60 days of installation. Registration can be completed either online at americanstandardair.com or by calling 800-554-8005. American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning’s Registered Limited Warranty terms on this product include:Download the Product Brochure
- 5-year limited warranty on compressor and functional parts.
- If the product is not registered within 60 days of installation American Standard Heating & Air Conditioning’s Base Limited Warranty terms will apply.
- An option to purchase transferability of your Registered Limited Warranty is available. Visit our Warranty + Registration page for more information.
- Optional Extended Warranties available. Extended Warranties can pay for labor and other costs not covered by manufacturer’s limited warranty.
Ask your dealer for full warranty information at time of purchase. Warranties are for residential use only, some exclusions may apply.